New Neighbors
 League Columbus

 


Club History


NNLC is the official social club of New Neighbors League, Inc. (NNLI).  The New Neighbors League, Inc., was founded in Dayton, Ohio in 1939 by Theodore R. Briggs, a former newspaperman.  Out of the business of greeting new residents grew a recognized need for a social organization that allowed newcomers to meet other area newcomers.  Theodore's wife, Bunny, had lived in many places throughout the United States and knew the loneliness associated with moving to unfamiliar areas.  With the aid of the Ohio Federated Women's Club, she drafted the Constitution and By-Laws for NNLC.  The first chapter was chartered in Cincinnati, Ohio in 1943.  As the greeting service operations were established across the country, new club chapters were founded.

Dayton was home to NNL until 1986 when the Corporate and Club Headquarters were moved to Atlanta, Georgia and Cheryl Beaudreault (an Atlanta New Neighbor) assumed the position of National President.  Presently, there are fourteen operations nationwide.  Each chapter operates independently within established guidelines and under the direction of a local board and club director.

The New Neighbors League of Columbus, Ohio was chartered in 1949!






@ 2017 New Neighbors League Columbus

Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software